ss Great Britain Trust
Online Shop & Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases of the following made by you through the website under the domain name www.ssgreatbritain.org (the website):
- Products meaning any goods or merchandise advertised for purchase on the website from time to time;
- ss Great Britain tickets meaning any tickets advertised for purchase on the website, including admission tickets to Brunel's ss great Britain and tickets for special events run by us; and
- Annual Membership meaning a pass valid for twelve (12) months entitling the holder to annual membership of Brunel's ss Great Britain and all other purchases made by you through the website from time to time, together the goods.
Information about us
The website is operated by the ss Great Britain Trust and ss Great Britain Trading Ltd (We). The ss Great Britain Trust is a registered company incorporated in England as a private company limited by shares under the Companies Acts (company number: 1000878), being a charity (registered charity number: 262158), registered office address at Great Western Dockyard, Bristol BS1 6TY. ss Great Britain Trading Limited (company registration number 999528) with registered office address at Great Western Dock, Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6TY is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ss Great Britain Trust and performs the Trust's trading activities. All profits of the trading company are transferred to ss Great Britain Trust being a charity under a gift aid declaration.
The VAT number of ss Great Britain Trust is 664 4291 23.
By placing an order for goods through our website, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- You are at least 18 years old; and
- You are resident in the United Kingdom.
How the contract is formed between you and us
When you click on the Submit Order Button on the Check your order page on the website We will treat the order as an offer by you to purchase the goods from us subject to these terms and conditions. After placing an order for goods, you may receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order and that that we accept your order and will be dispatching your goods (the Dispatch Confirmation). Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy goods. Please note that your offer does not mean that your order has automatically been accepted. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and if we accept your offer, each order online will be confirmed by us. The contract between you and us which incorporates these terms and conditions (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
The Contract will relate only to those goods whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. Please check the Dispatch Confirmation carefully as we will not be obliged to supply any other goods which may have been part of your order. Any amendments to your order following our issue of the Dispatch Confirmation will be at our sole discretion.
If you are contracting with us as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract for the purchase of goods at any time within twenty-eight days, beginning on the day after you received the Products and/or the annual membership and/or tickets (providing that you have not used your Product(s) or used your annual membership as set out in the membership guidelines, dispatched with your membership pass, during this time, or used your ticket(s)). In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the goods in accordance with our refunds policy (below).
To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the goods to us immediately at your own cost. Products must be returned in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
Online ticket purchase terms and conditions
This website allows visitors to buy tickets to Brunel's ss Great Britain using a secure online booking package. Tickets purchased on the online booking page may be subject to a per-booking service charge irrespective of the number of tickets purchased. The booking fee applies once per order, regardless of the quantity of tickets purchased. The charges pay for our credit/debit card processing services, merchant fees, distribution network, the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labour and all other costs associated with the ticket transaction including ticket delivery costs.
- Before making a purchase, please carefully review your individual selection. Subject to the terms of the paragraph on Consumer Rights set out above, once purchase has been confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- Please allow ample time for delivery of your tickets. For delivery of tickets by post, tickets must be booked at least 7 working days in advance.
- All tickets will be sent to the address set out in the Dispatch Confirmation using Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery.
- For collection of tickets on the day of the visit at the main ticket office, tickets can be booked up to and including 2 working days in advance.
- Visitors are advised to check their tickets upon receipt.
- Please keep tickets in a safe place as no duplicate tickets will be issued to replace lost or stolen tickets.
- Tickets are not transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party.
- Most major credit and debit cards are accepted (VISA, MasterCard, Solo, Electron, Delta and Maestro). Please note American Express is NOT accepted.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice. Prices confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation will not be affected by such changes. For clarification of ticket types, please note:
- A child is aged between 5 and 16 years inclusive.
- Children aged 4 and under go free. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- An adult is aged 17 years and over.
- A senior citizen is aged 60 years and over.
- A disabled person. A child, adult or senior who holds proof of receipt of incapacity benefit, disabled persons tax credit or disability living allowance.
- A disabled helper. A person accompanying a disabled person.
- A student. An adult or senior who holds any type of valid photographic identity card showing they are a student.
- A family: 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- A mini family: 1 adult and up to 3 children.
- For concession tickets, appropriate identity may be requested at the point of collection. Please ensure that you bring complete and up to date identity on the day as you may be asked to pay the full price of admission if appropriate identity cannot be produced or our staff are not satisfied that the identity produced is appropriate for the concession type.
- Online bookings are for a maximum of 19 visitors. For group bookings of 20 or more persons, please telephone 0117 926 0680 from the UK or (+44) 117 926 0680 from outside the UK.
- Tickets purchased in advance cannot be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion, special offer or inclusive travel package. Promotional vouchers can only be used when purchasing a ticket at the ticket office on the day of the visit.
- Visitors who wish to collect their tickets on the day of their visit will need to quote their name and booking reference, (provided to them at the time of purchase), in order to collect tickets. Please ensure that you bring your booking reference with you. Credit/debit card holders must be present with their payment card when collecting tickets. Please ensure that you have with you the correct payment card with which you made the booking. We reserve the right to refuse admission if the correct booking reference and/or payment card is not produced.
- Visitors are reminded that for technical, operational or meteorological reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. We reserve the right to change the programme of attractions, events and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Tickets do not entitle holders to entry to the onboard dining experience or other specific events for which a special event ticket is required and must be purchased separately either through the website or the booking office.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission to or remove from our site any visitor who:
- has behaved in a manner which, in our opinion has, or is likely to, adversely affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
- has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Any individual or group refused entry or removed from the site for any of the reasons set out in paragraph 18 above will not be entitled to a refund of all or part of any monies already paid to us.
- Car parking is not included in the price of any tickets. There is a pay and display car and coach park adjacent to the site.
- For information about a ticket purchase you have made, please call the Retail Department on 0117 926 0680.
This website allows you to purchase Annual Membership. Annual Membership is issued subject to the following terms and conditions and the terms set out in the remainder of these Online Shop & Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions. Full details of the benefits are issued with the Annual Membership.
- An Annual Membership pass will only be valid when used by the named holder as shown on the pass. If our staff reasonably suspect that the user of the pass is not the member, the pass may be withheld.
- The pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer, voucher or advance booking.
- The pass is valid for 12 months from and including the date of purchase and allows unlimited admission for the individual named on the pass to Brunel's ss Great Britain during that period during opening hours. Holders are advised to check opening and closing times prior to their visit as there are seasonal opening times in operation.
- The pass does not entitle the holder entry to specific events for which a separate ticket is required.
- Annual membership pass holders under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years and over holding a valid entry ticket.
- Visitors aged 4 and under can enter Brunel's ss Great Britain free of charge.
- Photocopies of the pass will not be accepted.
- Access to Brunel's ss Great Britain may be denied in the event that we reasonably suspect fraud, misuse of the pass or for any person whose conduct is deemed, in our reasonable opinion and absolute discretion, to be unacceptable. This includes, but is not limited to, allowing or assisting others to try to gain unauthorised or improper access using the pass and the reasons stated in paragraph 18 above.
- The pass must be shown at the ticket office to gain entry. Admission without the original pass will be refused and entry to Brunel's ss Great Britain will result in the holder being charged the "on the day" admission rate, which is non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities available for use by the public at any time whether for technical, operational or meteorological reasons. No refund of the Annual Membership fee or any part of the Annual membership fee shall be given in these circumstances.
- Lost cards should be reported immediately to the Retail Department on 0117 926 0680.
- New passes can only be issued at the place from which they were purchased. There will be an administrative fee for replacing lost or stolen cards.
- The full value or any part of the value of the pass will not be refunded if any part of the museum or attraction is removed or closed during the year.
- There is no on-site car parking. There is a pay and display car and coach park adjacent to the site and visitors are responsible for parking their own vehicles.
Purchases of products
Purchase of products from the shop
- Specifications on the website of the Products to be supplied by Us are intended only to give a general description of the Products.
- We reserve the right to make any changes in the specification necessary to comply with any applicable legal requirements and to change the specification published on the website provided that this does not materially affect the quality or performance of the products.
- We warrant that we have the right to supply all Products offered by us on the website and that any Products purchased by you through our website are of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which the Products are commonly supplied.
Availability, prices and information of products
- We do not promise that Products are necessarily available, and all Products are offered for sale subject to availability. The price of the Products shall be the price listed on the website on the date of your order (inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges which are payable by you).
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- All prices displayed on the website are quoted in UK pounds sterling and must be paid in full, including delivery charges, except where discounts are offered as detailed on the website.
- Our website contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with VISA, MasterCard, Solo, Electron, Delta and Maestro. (American Express is NOT accepted.) Your order will only be dispatched once we have received confirmation of payment from WorldPay.
- All Goods will be delivered to the address that you indicate on the Check your order page and risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to you from the time of dispatch even if the Goods have not been received by you in person.
- Any times quoted for delivery are approximate only and time shall not be of the essence. We shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. We shall confirm each order in writing by sending you a printout of the order along with your Goods.
Cancellation, returns and refunds policy
- When you return a Product to us because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the twenty-eight cooling-off period (see the paragraph entitled Consumer Rights above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation providing the product has been received by us. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product(s) in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us. We will confirm any cancellation by email. In order to obtain a refund the Products must be returned to us by recorded delivery at the following address: Retail Shop, Brunel's ss Great Britain, Great Western Dockyard, Bristol, BS1 6TY. Telephone: 0117 926 0680 from the UK or +44 117 926 0680 from outside the UK.
- When you return a Product for any other reason (for instance because you claim that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the defective Product. Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
- Full credit/debit card details will be required for all refunds. These may be enclosed with the return or can be phoned through on the above contact number. All returned goods must be sent using recorded delivery. Brunel's ss Great Britain will not be liable to refund any items lost in the post.
- All refunds will be made to the purchasing card only.
- No credit/debit card details will be retained by Brunel's ss Great Britain online shop after use.
Shop delivery information
Fulfillment and delivery details
- All online orders will be dispatched to the UK mainland via Royal Mail within 48 hours of payment confirmation.
- Please note the delivery times and postage & packaging costs below. Please note that one price is payable irrespective of the number of items being purchased.
- Please note that packages need to be signed for, so please keep this in mind when filling in your order delivery address. We are also unable to deliver to any PO Box address.
- If tickets and other products are purchased together, there will be a ticket handling charge and delivery charge made.
Delivery timetable & costs for all products
|Ticket handling charge (includes postage): ?1.99
||Up to 7 working days
||Postage & packing
||Up to 10 working days
||2nd class post (no charge)
||Up to 21 working days
||Up to 7 working days
||Up to 10 working days
|Rest of World
||Up to 28 working days
For further delivery information or for any other queries please contact the Retail Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 926 0680 from the UK or (+44) 117 926 0680 from outside the UK.
Limitation of liability
- Our liability to you for any losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to refunding the purchase price of the Goods purchased as provided for above.
- We shall not be liable to you for any:
- loss of profits; or
- damage to reputation; or
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of anticipated revenues; or
- loss of business opportunities;
- loss of contracts; or
- loss of goodwill; or
- loss or corruption of any data; or
- claim, action or demand made against you by any third party;
- indirect loss, damage, cost, expense, claim or other liability whatsoever;
- which arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these terms and conditions of sale shall serve to exclude or limit our liability:
- in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our officers or employees;
- under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any matter which it is not possible to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
Changes to the terms and conditions of sale
- Our terms and conditions of sale may be changed from time to time. Please review them regularly. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Goods from us, unless any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders already placed by you), or if we notify you of a change in the terms and conditions before we issue a Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven days of receipt by you of the Goods).
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising in relation to the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If any of these terms or conditions of sale should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Comments and complaints
- If you have any comments or complaints to make about purchases made through the website please send them to the Retail Department, Brunel's ss Great Britain, Great Western Dockyard, Bristol, BS1 6TY or send an email to email@example.com.